· Assortment of 3” fabric squares
· 5 ½” Backing Fabric
· 4 ½” Circle template cut out of cardboard
· Fusible fleece or other fusible interfacing
· Choose 4 coordinating fabrics (4 of each to make a set of 4 coasters)
· Sew together into a 4 patch using ¼” Seam, press seams to one side
· Cut 4 ½” circles from fusible fleece or interfacing
· Adhere interfacing to wrong side of the patchwork piece being sure to center it.
· From the front sew from corner to corner to give a quilted look
· Place the baking fabric on the right side of the patch (right sides facing each other).
· Flip over and sew along the edge of the circle of interfacing (do not sew over interfacing). Be sure to leave a gap to turn right side out.
· Turn right side out, press and hand stitch opening.
· Top stitch ¼” from edge.